– Each Age Group has a minimum of 1 qualifying slot.
– Additional qualifying slots for an Age Group will be determined on the number of official starters in each Age Group.
– The final number of qualifying slots per Age Group will be published within 3 hours of the final flag-off and posted on the results board at the IRONMAN Village.
– If an automatic qualifier in an Age Group chooses not to take the slot, the next eligible finisher in that Age Group may claim the slot that has rolled down.
– If no one claims a qualifying slot in a particular Age Group, that unclaimed slot will be reallocated to another Age Group within the same gender, based on the athletes-to-slots ratio. The Age Group within the gender with the largest athletes-to-slots ratio will receive the first reallocated slot, followed by the next largest ratio receiving the second re-allocated slot (if applicable), and so on.
– Athletes MUST claim their slot in-person at the qualifying race during the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship Slot Allocation and Roll-down Ceremony. Please check the event schedule for time and location of the ceremony.
– Athletes that have claimed a qualifying slot are required to sign a Condition of Entry, Release and Indemnification waiver, by which they agree and acknowledge that they have read and fully understand the Rules as adopted by WTC, and understand that they may be required to submit to a medical control urinalysis, blood, or other non-urine doping text conducted by WTC. Athletes voluntarily consent to be governed by the published rules.
– Athletes that have claimed a qualifying slot must complete their registration for the World Championships and payment of the registration fee immediately on site.